Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

31 August, 2009

Nostalgic Wounds Reopened

Yesterday morning, I woke up happier than usual. I was so happy that I actually smiled and thought about all the things that I could do today that would help me to continue in this joyous mood. But first, I had to wake up Holly and let her know I was awake and that I'd give her some treats in a second. So I stretched my hand down, and stroked her head and then realised that it felt smaller than it should be. And that's when the cold, harsh reality struck...

Shooting up in bed, I looked at Mary, who was sleeping against my legs, and I let out a sad, silent, sob. That's exactly where Holly use to sleep every night until Mother and Dad took her in her room because of all the sorrow that hit us when we all realised that it could be her last night any night. Then she had to sleep downstairs because the chemotherapy proved too much and she couldn't hold her meals.

Instead of seeing the half black Labrador, half Whippet, on my baby rug taking up a massive amount of my leg space, I saw the pedigree whippet on my duvet talking up a tiny amount of it. (I use to put my baby rug on my bed so she's sleep there instead of on Tess' bed, but after she passed, I hung it on my chair and refuse to put it on my bed for the painful memories that it would provoke.)

Now don't get me wrong, I love Mary to bits, but if somebody offered me the chance to have Holly back, alive and healthy, I'd jump at it. Needles to say, the good mood didn't stay.

Kindest Regards,
A Mournful,
Stripes xy

No comments:

Post a Comment