Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

15 November, 2009

Routine Ruins

In the dead of night, when nobody is awake, my soul starts to dread the tiny slithers of light that are bound to shed through the clouds at any given moment. The light marks the beginning of a new day, and with each one passing, one can't help but feel the cruel, harsh reality that we live in a routine lifestyle sink in. Our lives are dictated to us by the passing of the sun. The hours between the darkness descending and the light shining through are just as lively as a corpse. Everyone's gone, the next day is creeping closer to you. Deadlines that haven't been met, people you don't want to see, it all comes to mind with a sudden cold reality that is as welcome as a knife in the eye. We all become broken products of routine; routine ruins.
Kindest Regards,
Tofu xy

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I totally get what your saying, it's a bit like the Dylan Thomas poem about time and shit, a little. Really well told with a great mood and cool metaphors. Awesome!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete