Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

07 June, 2009

Conversation Clean Out

Okay, so below are six conversations that popped in my head for no random reason. I wish to feature them in my writing at some point, but at the moment the characters have no name. Yet in my head, these conversations happen between the same two people: a boy and a girl. Feel free to comment suggestions on how could improve them, or just leave comment telling me which one is your favourite!

xx: Is it possible to be even more appreciative and happy right now?
xy: Well, I suppose if you'd been blind your whole entire life and then all of a sudden your eyes open and you see this, then maybe yes.
xx: Gee, why didn't i think of that?
xy: Because you're not an arsehole.

xy: Can I kiss you?
xx: No.
xy: Why not?
xx: Because that's not scripted in my movie.
xy: What if it's in mine?
xx: Then we have a problem.
xy: Rock Paper Scissors?
[silence]
xx: Best out of three.

xy: Cows are vegetarian.
xx: Yeah...
xy: All vegetarians have four stomachs.
xx: Are you calling all vegetarians cows?
xy: Moo!
xx: I'm offended.
xy: I'm a cow.
xx: Are you a vegetarian?
xy: Are you calling all vegetarians cows?
xx: Are you a vegetarian?
xy: Yes Miss.

xx: Is that spunk on the bed?
xy: Yeah. It's yours though?
xx: What?!
xy: Yeah... Sperm from your penis.
xx: I don't have one...
xy: Yeah you do.
xx: Even if I did, how would you know anyway?
xy: Because I sucked it.
xx: Charming...
xy: That's Prince Charming to you.

xy: You know what, sometimes I wish I was smarter just so I could have a proper conversation with you!
xx: But I like you just the way you are...
xy: No you don't. You just like who you think I am.
xx: Please. Don't go...
xy: I have to.
xx: Stay!
[silence]
xy: Okay.

xy: What are you thinking?
xx: That sex is like having a bath.
xy: It makes you feel clean?
xx: No... You don't want one, so you postpone it, but when you're having it, you love it.
xy: Why are you thinking about sex Young Lady?
xx: Because you're here.
xy: Bath time?
Kindest Regards,
An Abnormal,
Stripes xy

2 comments:

  1. scary as it sounds, but I love the dialogue about the sperm. Mostly because it could be stripped straight out of the script for my not existing love life. and scarily enough, the sperm would belong to neither of us. awkwardly, a pretty intense rape-story pops into my head right now. thank you sophie for handing such grotesque thoughts over to my innocent little bird brain.

    the dialogue about sex and bathing is charming as well and by far the most creative of the bunch. I never would have thought about such a metaphor and it works pretty darn well. although the entrance of it seems a bit off to me. noone, female nor male, would even think about asking her/his opposite what he/she thinks in the moment. It would be much more fluid if the girl would ask her boyfriend something like this:
    She: "Guess what I'm thinking right now?!"
    He: "Gosh... well... I really don't know."
    She: "Oh Bummer..."
    He: "No, really. Got no clue. Perhaps you just tell me what you are thinking about, so you are able to make a better person out of yourself by making me look like some pretentios little fool who doesn't care what the girl of his dreams think about in this very moment?"
    ... and so on. Well, you got the idea. Just let the girl take matters in her own hand. It works much better that way, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really good! Here's what I think:

    1 - This is really funny and clever because it's quite sudden and goes completely against what you were expecting to happen.

    2 - I love this one. The movie script thing is great and again the last line comes completely unexpectedly. I can just imagine the scene and the expressions on each of their faces.

    3 - This one articulates the traditional logical statement 'Just because all Xs are Ys doesn't mean all Ys are Xs' but gives it a great witty twist. Although, I think the ending could do with a bit of work though, perhaps bring in another logical statement, something like
    xy: I'm a cow.
    xx: All cows eat grass.
    xy: Do you eat grass?
    xx: No
    xy: You're not a vegetarian.
    (I know it's crap, just trying to show what I meant)

    4 - I didn't really get this one, it just seems like a childish boy spouting out random terrible sex jokes in a desperate bid to flirt with a girl, and failing.

    5 - With this one there seems to be something deeper going on. Obviously the xy feels guilty because he has been pretending to be smarter than he is just to be with xx, and xy feels that xx has a sense of superiority over him. What's not so obvious perhaps is that it seems that xx has a kind of power of xy and can control what he does. This means that xx has been keeping xy and that xx wants xy, perhaps she can see that xy is not who he is pretending to be but wants to be with him despite that. You could even say that maybe xy is only with xx and only wants to be with her because she wants him to. Or, an alternative interpretation could be that xx is using xy's want for her for her own needs and so she wouldn't care about the fact that xy is pretending to be someone else and wouldn't want him to leave. Further evidence can be found for this in how xy shows xx's obviously superior intellect, which would allow her to have control over him. Just a thought.

    6 - An excellence use of a great metaphor. You say a lot in only a few lines. I just love the ending, it's awesome!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete