Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

20 June, 2009

I'll Love You Forever

Today, I bought an item. Not just any old item, an item that i will have probably forever. I've never bought anything of it's type before, and I never thought I would at the age of just 15.5 years old. Today, for £30, I bought: A Proper Painting.

Now, I liked the photograph entitled Escalier De La Butte, but that cost £150. However, I saw a painting, higher than any other painting, and it was called New York Skyline, it was only £30 and I loved it with every inch of my freshly injured heart. (I can't be bothered to bore you all with the details of how this happened.)
Thinking about it, maybe I bought it because I know it will never hurt me in the way I've been hurt. When I look at this painting, I instantly feel hopeful. Hopeful that one day, I may travel abroad all the way to America... The place where I dreamt of becoming an author, finding love and living happily. I dream of other places now, but as a child, it was always America I dreamt of as being a brighter tomorrow.

Kindest Regards,
A Very Simple,
Stripes xy
PostScript: Oh, and to anybody that remembered, I'm having my weird jaw operation (http://turnipface.blogspot.com/2009/05/well-its-different.html) on Monday 22nd (yes, that's the day after Father's Day) and trust me, I'm petrified and not at all excited!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I almost bought something like that for my room, but then I bought a wide canvas print of a tree on a tiny topical island looking out at the blue sea and blue skies. It looks awesome!

    Good luck with your operation! It'll be fine, and it'll be over really quickly without you having to worry about a thing.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. its cool CHEESE! smile youll be cool

    ReplyDelete