Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

24 July, 2009

Boys Boys Boys!

Okay, like on the Sims, I have a Life Goal...
I Aim To Be An Author.

When I say Author, I mean to have a book published. It doesn't have to be a best seller. It doesn't have to be liked. It just has to be published. I'll sit at home and see a published version of something I wrote and that will make me eternally happy. You see, I don't ask for much, it just sounds like a lot!

At the moment, I'm working on a book with a male Irish lead character. The hard part? He's male. Now, this may surprise you, but I'm not. Therefore I doubt my ability to write from a male's perspective and make it convincing.

This is where you guys come in (if you are willing to lend a helping hand). If you could please email me a brief (or detailed if possible) description of your feelings and reactions to certain events, then I shall be ever so grateful.

Don't Worry... These will not be seen by anybody else apart from me and I will not be using them word for word as a part of the book. They will be put into the research part of my huge folder and then I shall try and put myself into the mindset that is present in the email. I don't need names, or examples of when it's happened to you before. It can be completely impersonal. I just need something to draw on when I'm worried my character is speaking with a female's mind.

If you are willing to help me out, the email is:

In the subject box, please just put something along the lines of YOUR BOOK or RESEARCH or, if you have a sense of humour, I'M YOUR LAB RAT.

Topics may include whatever you feel is important to be spoken from a males point of view. Examples include: When a girl you like talks to you. When you get nervous. When you feel like you're the odd one out. When you get a *cough cough*... When you have a less than dry dream (why does that happen?)

Any ideas are welcome... I' kind of desperate to be honest!

Kindest Regards,
Stripes xy

No comments:

Post a Comment