Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

03 October, 2009

That's the Spirit (Revenge)

The fog slowly drifted into the window of Laura's apartment as she sat on the floor crying. Slowly sliding the blade down her wrist, there was no commitment in her actions.
"Harder," a voice hissed as the fog descended all around her, "Nobody will notice your petty attempts."
Laura sniffed and a tear slowly ran down her cheek. She shivered with the thought of what was happening, she didn't understand. Did this usually happen? She went to put the razor down and think everything over, but the fog just started to taunt her.
"Too much of a commitment? That's alright, you never do carry out your threats, do you? You don't really mean anything you say, to everyone else, you're just a slow, ugly, pathetic liar. That's fine by me, it's your life after all. All I know is that I'd rather be tortured and killed than be you..."
That did it for sure. Laura burst into tears, picked the razor blade back up and rested the point against her wrist.
"Is this what you want?!" she screamed rhetorically into the fog.
"Of course," it replied smugly, knowing that he was going to get what he wanted.
Squeezing her eyes shut, she put all of her energy into her hand and pressed the razor as hard as she could've ever imagined. It wasn't long until she was panting on the floor, her eyes slowly glazing over, her carpet a brand new colour. A low, malevolent laugh filled the room as the fog slowly left through the window where it had once entered. All that was left was the body of a dead teenager.
xy

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is amazing! I was captivated until the last word! You've really created a great but very creepy mood and made me feel like I was her. I want to know who Laura is and why is she doing this. What/who is the mysterious fog? I think that this is better than the story sir made write about in English! You should give it to him and then he could set it as homework lol. You are a very skilled writer and I can't wait till the next one cause I really enjoyed reading this.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete