Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

10 May, 2009

Sorry Mr Assumptions

How the hell did I find myself sat in the Odeon in Swansea, with chocolate in my lap, waiting eagerly to watch a film which made me cringe by just hearing the over-all name of it? I guess the nerd inside of me reared it's amazingly hot head and said I better give her one moment of pleasure since I don't play World of Warcraft so much and making jokes out of Science and Math has simply become the norm, with not much of a value behind it! Not only have I disobeyed my logical mind, but I also should now class myself as a freak based on early assumptions that I had made on this film's fans. Even more so since I am now deeply excited down to the core when Spock enters the room and the Russian guy starts shouting something... Yes my friends, today, I watched...
STAR TREK

Yes, I'm like a typical, predictable woman and therefore have a HUGE crush on Mr Spunk Monkey, AKA James T Kirk, AKA Chris Pine. Yes, I do think Spock is a socially awkward emo nerd and I love him dearly for it.

Believe it or not, but I'm only human! I seriously thought that Star Trek was for amazingly pathetic, sad people, who actually go around calling themselves 'Trekkies' and basically making themselves out to be idiots. I never even considered the possibility that some of the Star Trek fans were normal(ish). Those 'trekkie' people are making everyone else look bad! Seriously... Get a life! You're making every Star Trek fan look bad, and every person of sound mind to look great, including the ones that pee on trees.

Kindest Regards,
I'm Still Hip,
Stripes xy
*nya*

PostScript: Bernard has sprouted a sister... there is no point of posting a picture as she's camera shy and also, she's so tiny, that the quality of the photos on here probably wouldn't pick her up. I have named her Sylvia, and she is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. "Normal people that like Star Trek". Is there a possibility that you thought about me when you wrote this line? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice poetry of almost all poets can be found here on this website. Please vsist it and find some good links from there.
    http://nicepoetry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete