Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

02 May, 2009

XY vs. XX

Let's talk in splendid terms, in which we aim to make mankind sound a lot more dandy that it actually is... A lady has XX chromosomes, whilst a gentleman has XY chromosomes... This means that technically, only a gentleman can decide the sex of a child since ladies can only produce the XX chromosome. Yet why is XX so different to XY?

XX: this means you have a vajayjay and you spill your emotions out all over the place for any reason at all.

XY: this means you have a shlong, you're cooler than those possessing the XX chromosome and you make up pointless lies.

Below is a demonstration of this said pointless lie. The scenario being used as an example, is both XX and XY being asked about Brokeback Mountain. See how the answers vary from the other.

XX: The ending is just so depressing! I can't believe it... I was so sad, I just wanted them to end up together, happy at least...

XY: Yeah, I watched that film. It was shit. I didn't get it.

You can't say that film was shit, because it quite simply wasn't. The acting was amazing, it was believable (even if Heath's accent did wander from time to time) and the story was heartbreaking... However, there is one guy who proves my second point to the extreme...

Alex Kapranos

( the singer and eldest member of Franz Ferdinand )

I thought he came across a lot older than he actually is. I thought he was in his extremely late twenties. I thought he was an Art or Music Grad. I still think he's amazing. He is basically the epitome of cool in my eyes. I love his style, his voice, his ability to make the most innocent of lyrics sound dark and sinister. Yet what do I find out? He's born on 20th March 1972 (making him Age 37). He studies theology, then dropped it to study Catering and Hotel Management. Dude, could I be any more wrong in my assumptions?!

So below, I have stuck two videos... The first one is of one of their latest music videos, Ulysses, and I seriously love it. The second video is of their probably most well known song, Take Me Out. Just note on how awesome Alex is... He has an awesome voice and awesome presence...

  • Ulysses (2009)

  • Take Me Out (2004)

2 comments:

  1. Technically, the Y chromosome is the dominant one because its presence with produce a male no matter what else is there. But we don't usually say that 'cause we don't want to sexist.

    I think I liked the album Franz Ferdinand did before this newest one. There are a couple of good songs but I just don't find that I can sing along with the lyrics. But Ulysses is good.

    ReplyDelete