Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

16 March, 2009

Being Human

No, I am not talking about the absolutely amazing television programme that has left me lost in it's absence. No, I am not lost in it's absence due to the loss of my weekly viewing of the lovable, huggable vampire, Mitchell (for your information, George's a sweetheart and Annie is erm, cute?)... No, I am talking about being human as in, being what we are, humans. There is no way of simplifying that phrase and yes, I used No as a sentence starter three times. Why? Because I am hardcore (and three is the magic number).

So firstly, lets name one pro and one con of being a humanbeing. Actually, scratch that, lets think of THREE pros and THREE cons of being of this particular species.
PROS :
  • We are aware of ourselves and our intelligence.
  • Our bodies are so adapting, that they have managed to survive in almost every environment on Earth.
  • The ability for us to enjoy many parts of being a part of this Earth without too much negative downside. We're very lucky to have an uncomplicated, adaptable form. (Elly's example downfall for another species was this: all male cat species have a spiked penis which makes sex incredibly painful.)

CONS :

  • Our primitive reptilian brains still regardless of our intelligence, yield a lot of influence over our actions. Things like, Anger, Lust, Greed and other impulses are still very strong in us.
  • We are very much like a virus on the earth. Our overpopulation and success will and has been, our downfall.
  • Our separatism. Our needs to compartmentalise each other in class, race and every other label persists to be the biggest obstacle for our future well being as a race.

These were ALL given to me by the absolutely AMAZING Elly =) I'm too thick to think them up on my own!

So now that that's out of the way, I have two things to say:

Firstly, hallelujah, praise the Lord, Coleen has FINALLY left Dancing on Ice! If she's stayed in for the final, then the whole thing would've been a joke. I'm so happy Donal got through but meh... Ray all the way like...

Secondly, my Gran is in hospital... She fell off the bed and broke her hip and the dozy old Alzheimer's ridden lady that she is, probably won't walk ever again. This I'm not too bothered about, but my GrandPapi is like, the best thing I can think of. He's like my Dad, my Chauffeur and everything else wrapped in one. So Gran being his wife, this is going to well upset him... No joke about it like.

"Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen"

-Tyler Durden.

Kindest Regards,

Potato xx

No comments:

Post a Comment