Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

29 March, 2009

My Heart (27% recycled)

There are few things I'm completely and madly obsessed with. Want to know the top five in order? Here we go:
  1. the English Language.
  2. Notebooks.
  3. Boys.
  4. All Day Bus Tickets.
  5. Motorways.

Why would a fifteen-year-old female living in Wales be so over-the-top in love with these random objects? Well, I'm not really sure. Here's a brief description of why I love them.

  • THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Is there anything more amazing than the way carefully worded sentences can either make or break a person? It can ruin their career, make them a star, make someone fall in love with them or make somebody despise them for the rest of eternity. Is there anything more exciting than tension in a book? Is there anything more heartfelt than reading the suicide letter of one of your favourite stars? Is there nothing more amazing than hearing Stephen Fry's smart and witty comebacks, knowing that he had less than a second to come up with the intricate wording and the tone to go with it? The answer to all of these questions is the same: No, there isn't.
  • NOTEBOOKS: I go to the shop and I buy a brand new notebook. I go home and carefully write in the first ten pages of this notebook. I go to a shop and buy another notebook. Why? I doubt even God knows. I love notebooks, I love opening the cover and having a blank lines to write my thoughts, lists and scenes on, I love the short, sweet moment of excitement when I have an empty notebook in my hand. There is nothing quite as exciting as writing, my love for the English language proves this in my mind.
  • BOYS: Okay, whatever. This doesn't really fit in with the rest of the list, but I'm not talking about REAL boys. I'm talking about people who are ten times better than you could ever imagine being. Boys with individual style, boys with original ideas, boys with voices that could make you melt. See a girl on Tv that has all these things, she's either a man's creation or one of the following: a bitch, a lesbian, a maniac. I guess I'm a tad sexist, but when I write my (twisted) tales, it's always a male to female ratio of 3:1, no joke. Men are just so much nicer and cooler than women.
  • ALL DAY BUS TICKETS: You have one of these and you can go ANYWHERE. Seriously, go to a place, get bored, get on a bus to a different place. Simple. I can't really explain this one much. It just makes me feel powerful, like a sailor, to have a ticket that can take me wherever I want to go, geez, I might not even know where I'm going! But it can take me there anywho!
  • MOTORWAYS: It's hard to explain, I think I just love being in a moving vehicle. Not without music though, if I was on a motorway without my iPod then I'd cry (I already have before actually!). I seriously want to find an everlasting motorway. I love it when there's a lot of traffic so the car barely moves for ages, I love it with all the cars whooshing past. I could just sit in a car or a bus on the motorway (maybe even a train) and just write and listen to my iPod, that would be bliss to me.

So there we go, I tried to explain myself for others to understand, and maybe even to help me understand myself better. I don't think I'll ever completely understand myself, maybe that's the meaning of life: To Understand Yourself.

Kindest Regards,

Potato xy

Post Script Well Done Jenson Button! Mother and I never lost faith in you when Dad did! I'm not even patriotic but I think you're a fantastic person to show the rest of the world that Britain isn't such a lame, scum-infested place!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I completely agree with the boys part.

    ReplyDelete