Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

19 March, 2009

Release the Shackles!

  • Dear Rob,

You made me what I am. You were the first (and last) person that I truly loved. You made me happy and worthy and everything positive. Then once you made me, you broke me... threw me away... left me. Two years later, what do I find out? That it's fine. I beat nostalgia. No longer do I miss you, no longer do I have to make out with you everytime I see you 'because you're Rob,' and no longer do I cloud my mind with images of how you were. I'm over you. I know have finally accepted that I'm like that sad old lady who couldn't really realise that her ex never loved her, she was just another girlfriend. When you find love (maybe you already have), then you'll understand why I became a shell of the old me. Look at me now, I'm so happy, I'm so happy I've gotten over you.

  • Dear Rhys,

Okay... where do I begin? You never really made an impact on me to be honest, just re-opened the Rob Issue. You text me, you meet up with me, you go out with your ex boyfriend (who's younger brother went on to ask me out). Yes, our relationship (that never progressed more than a friendship -much to my disappointment) was short and sweet as candy floss. Also like candy floss, it didn't survive 'bad weather' and it went bad as soon as minds began to wonder... Yes, I'm still a tad fascinated with you: your little round gay face, your ever-changing hairstyles, your latest fad. Yes I can't walk into Tesco without the thought that you'll see me and smile, shatering my sanity once your back is turned, or even worse, the thought that you'll be there and disapprove of me. As far as it goes though... I don't think about you around the clock, and I never think of the day we met, and I never wish it could've been.

What a silly fool I've been...

Kindest Regards,
Potato xy

No comments:

Post a Comment