Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

16 April, 2009

And I Said Shut Up! xD

Okay... Lets be blunt. I don't do jokes. I don't like them. I don't find them funny. Actually no, I'm going to be completely 100% honest and tell you all: I HATE (with a passion) JOKES. Full Stop. Get it? Good.

All of my friends will (hopefully) know this. I think most of them do. I do find things funny. I love Stand-Up Comedians. I like funny things. But when people stand there and tell jokes? What's the point? Shut up! I don't care about a joke that 15, 000 people have heard and repeated! Geez...

So I think it's suiting that I have to play the role of an unfunny comedian who quits his job as part of a comedic double act. Ryan and Ronnie... heard of them? I hadn't until Ffion (-.-) mentioned them in Drama. Apparently my Grand Father (on Skid's side) knew Ryan. Apparently he was an arse.

Cerian, Ffion and I had to make 3 scenes based on the same setting: A Date on a Mountain. We came up with the first two and then ran out of ideas. We had 5 minutes to come up with them and at this point, we had just 2 minutes left. This is a basic description of what happened:

(Cerian and Sophie stand looking at the floor in a contemplating silence)
Ffion: Can I tell you a joke?
Sophie: We don't really have any time for that.
Cerian: How about...
Ffion: What did the skunk say when the wind turned?
Cerian: ...and then she...
Ffion: It's all coming back to me now!
(Sophie and Cerian ignore this and discuss Cerian's idea in more detail)

Ffion said that joke twice... I could've shot her both times. The only person who does jokes and one-liners well is Jimmy Carr and that's only when he's bouncing off people. He handles hecklers well though!

Got a Performance Tomorrow!
Kindest Regards,
Stripes xy

PostScript: I'm sorry to disappoint, but yes, it is impossible. You, William Beckett, are simply too darn hot! You have everything going for you: personality, humour, talent!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain so much, my good Sophie. Ironically, most of those people who are telling jokes aren't even funny persons to begin with. Which makes the overall appearance of "I'm here now, laugh about what I have to say - you fools!" taste bitter-sweet. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete