Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

19 April, 2009

The Ink's Run Dry

I can't write at all lately... I either have scenes in my head that don't tie in with the current story, or I just can't keep a storyline together. It's bugging me loads. Sop I cast my mind back to when I would write non-stop in Year Six (I'm in Year Ten now), and it was all fan fiction. Then I thought, why don't I just write fan fiction but make up the names?! I mean, I'll have to pen a plot of course. I don't want to waste time writing just 5 chapters and then finishing the tale with just that! But the inspiration is still not coming. I just don't know if I have what it takes to be a proper novelist... I mean, how could somebody ever come up with such an amazing character as Jack Twist (or was it just Jake Gyllenhaal that made Jack that amazing)?

Kindest Regards,
Stripes xy

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should give up being an author just because you can't get any inspiration at the moment. I don't know of any other authors that wrote books when they were 15. Just look at Ang Lee, he didn't start writing until he was 28, and didn't think of Jack Twist till he was 51! I think you've got what it takes to be an author, so don't give up!

    ReplyDelete