Welcome to my World

I'm a lover of music and I'm a lover of words. I may come across as sarcastic, cynical and pathetic; it's okay if you think that, because that's how I roll. I've been alive since the 17th of November 1993; I've been a Vegetarian since the 19th of May 2008. Stephen Fry, in my young eyes, is God. (You can find an old monologue of his somewhere on the right-hand side of this page.)

Sit back, relax, take a leap right out of your world. It'll only take a minute of your time. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

12 April, 2009

Until Death Do Us Part

Dear Ryland,
Let's just talk about it, I know you've been avoiding the subject. I also knew that if I said this to you face to face then you'd drink yourself into unconsciousness, you'd believe that I had never been here, talking, to you. You, my groom, stood there with the fabulous suit that you told me you hated when I said that I liked it; I was so happy when I found out you'd bought it behind my back to give me a pleasant surprise. I knew you were special, a special young man that I could spend the rest of my life with. And that's exactly the point; I did spend the rest of my life with you. Yet you're still young. You're single. You're - it makes me sick to even say it - you're happy! How dare you be happy when your beautiful bride, and yes I was beautiful, is laying under the floorboards. My confidence died when you deformed my face with that broken bottle. My body died when you sliced through my throat. My soul died with the unbearable amount of disappointment and heartbreak that you caused in those short moments. Not to worry though, I got my confidence back. You see, the better a person you are, the better you look in the spirit world. I'll have you know, I'm quite a stunner. Got myself a treat, a (until recently) lonely man who saved the woman of his dreams. His name is Nicolas. He got her out of a fire that took place here when this house was made out of stone. She never knew him and he never made it out. He tells me he loves me, I believe him. I also believe that your guilt, if there's any justice, will forever get in the way of your happiness. You loved me, I know it; I hear you screaming it in the dead of night. It's like music to my ears, and it makes Nicolas happy to see my smile. Is it not nice to think that you're still bringing happiness into your wife's life?
Wishing you a long, miserable life,
Your Beautiful Wife,
Victoria xox

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I should love it, hate it or - worst of all - hate to love it. This story is so sad and heartbreaking, it bites you, swallows you and spits you out, down on a cold, hard, loveless ground, built upon hate. And still, there is a small candlelight - flickering in darkness, giving me hope that everything will be okay. And you just blew it out.

    Chilling... really chilling.

    ReplyDelete